Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 2...at its end

So...you remember when i said my days' ends and beginnings will be weird? well, i just got off work...and i will be going to bed soon, so this is the end of my day 2.
just so you know, i probably won't be writing two of these a day, but i do want to keep my progress well-documented. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I had the most amazing epiphany last night while i was at work. i knew it already, but the truth of it sunk in officially. when i got my pills, the doctor also gave me a 1400 calorie/per day diet with three different meals for seven days plus a whole lot of snack options. looking through this packet, i noticed there were some foods i liked, and some i would never touch...but what was weird..is that nearly all the choices mapped out for me, are choices i would have very rarely made before my declaration. That's sad. i do like some healthy food...so why didn't i ever eat it? EVER?

I can't really answer that. What i do know, is I have a lot of work to do, and a lot of learning to do if i'm going to keep this weight off after the pills. I have been drinking a whole lot of water, and it's not hard to do right now because of the cotton mouth. Eating is interesting. i try to keep my senses aware to when i'm no longer hungry. i try not to get full. Also, i have an immense desire to exercise. Granted this is only day 2, but things are looking good.

Due to my epiphany....i am a little nervous now. i thought a healthy diet would be common sense...but i have life-long habits that i need to change. i don't want to take chances. plus, i don't like to cook a whole lot. i'm a sucker for convenience food. i'm willing to take up cooking to an extent, but that is a downer for me, so i would like to figure out some ways to fix food fast. One step at a time, one heck of a climb....

BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. something that ive learned...if you can plan ur meals out and cook all of em ahead of time it helps tremendously. love you lil one!!

    ReplyDelete